Saturday, October 5, 2013

First Posting from Rohana on Gabriola

Hi there, friends and family members, as I prepare to return to Mexico to paint this winter, I am preparing a blog so I can send you stories and photos of my art and my travels.  Here is a first photo
of my latest painting, done from memories and a photo I took last winter.








That is a small study I did as an example of the process I use.  I did a series of the stages of an acrylic painting to demonstrate my process to students of a class I am teaching this month.

The next photo is of a place I love to visit called "Guanajato", a town that is a short bus ride from where I love to stay in San Miguel de Allende.  This is a favourite plaza with restaurants, fountains, live music, university students studying, tourists and locals eating and drinking, all enjoying the sun and the colour to this charming colonial city.  The painting is 24" x 30", done on canvas with acrylics, and can be found on my newly updated website www.rohanart.com.   You will see it much better if you enlarge it....


I am now adding some photos of our last Gabriola Saturday market and our annual studio tour so you can see something of our community, the beautiful October colours and the creative art studios...

musicians at the Sat. market

Every Sat. most of the produce from the organic markets gets sold.

lots of beautiful apples and pears
 
last Sat. of the market in Oct., it is getting cold!






Terry Nimmon's studio, Gabriola Ilsland





Tammy Hudgeon's studio

the view from one artists studio

the view from a home of a friend

one of the marina's on Gabriola Island

Karen Cain's studio, Gabriola

That's it for this posting!  I hope you enjoyed this and I invite you to come back again!
Hasta luego,
Rohana

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward in seeing your new work while you're down here in Mexico. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, where are you in Mexico? how did you find my blog? Thanks for commenting. I am looking forward to my new work, too, there seems to be so many distractions here as I get ready to go....maybe we can meet sometime.

      Delete